Monday, November 8, 2010

Rossaveal, Ireland

"Rossaveal, Ireland," watercolor and pen on paper, Jane Sloss, 2010
On my recent trip to Ireland, I returned from the Aran Islands on a ferry to Rossaveal.  I stayed a bed and breakfast on the road to Galway.  As I parked my bike on the side of the B & B, I was completely mystified by the scene which lay behind the home.  The sunset was brilliant over the bay.  After settling into my room, I went outside and tried to capture the scene.  Painting a sunset is an interesting undertaking as the image is changing dramatically with each minute.  It was marvelous!  I'll be posting photos from Rossaveal on my public facebook page tomorrow--stop by!


What are some of your favorite places to catch a sunset?  What do you think of this sketch from Rossaveal?  
Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment