Sunday, November 7, 2010

Other Projects

Halloween Costume
Last Saturday morning, with attendance of a Halloween party looming, I fabricated a costume with two qualifying factors in mind: 1.  Costume fabrication must take approximately one hour.  2.  Costume must be assembled without the purchase of any materials.  With those constraints at hand, I went about cutting fabric from my stash into circles of various sizes.
These circles of fabric in shades of blues and green, were assembled concentrically and ready to be incorporated into the costume.  Construction paper was cut into similar concentric circles, and attached with framing wire to a barrette.

And voila, I'm a peacock, albeit a bit of a stylized one.   
After dissembling the costume, I glued the stylized "feathers" to illustration board to make unique notecards. 

If you would like to receive one of these notecards, just leave a comment on this post and I'll send you one of these cards (six notecards available).
Pin It!

1 comment:

  1. A most prolific peacock . . . or shall we say peahen?, although the lady counterparts are certainly less colorful. I have to say, rules for making costumes certainly helps get the job done. My cat burglar costume was for want of more burgling.

    ReplyDelete